Litemeter Modbus Pro – Digital Photovoltaic Pyranometer
Litemeter Modbus PRO is a digital photovoltaic pyranometer (or irradiance sensor) equipped with a monocrystalline silicon cell.Manufacturing and Calibrations are done following the IEC 61215, IEC 60904-2; 60904-4; 60904-10 regulations. The silicon photovoltaic cell is laminated with E.V.A. and a high performance anti-reflective glass for photovoltaic modules. It guarantees a fair precision in the measurement of irradiance and provides a measurement of the indicative temperature of the photovoltaic modules next to it. This irradiance sensor has an RS485 bus interface, using the well known industry standard protocol Modbus RTU.
CalibrationAll Litemeters are calibrated with our Class A Silicon Reference Cell, itself periodically calibrated by the Dakks accredited ISFH Institute and a HP34410A Multimeter.
Note: the terms irradiance sensor, photovoltaic pyranometer, reference cell and solarimeter are interchangeable. On this site we will use photovoltaic pyranometer. To learn more click here.
Common usesLitemeter Modbus Pro is ideal for monitoring and managing photovoltaic systems of up to a few hundred kW. It is useful where the monitoring system has RS485 input channels and a high accuracy in performance calculation is not required.
- LM5 – 485 PRO sensor is 25% more precise compared to the previous version LM2 – 485 PRO
- Standard RS485 Modbus RTU protocol output to ensure readings 500m from the datalogger
- A high performance anti-reflective glass + E.V.A.
- Two 0-10V outputs: irradiance and cell temperature
- Aluminum body
- Mounting bracket for quick installation
- Resistant to extreme weather
- IEC EN 61215 par.10,11,12 compliant (product ageing)
- Calibrations according to IEC 60904
- Order code that allows you to obtain the most suitable sensor for your climate zone
|PRODUCT||LM5-485 PRO – solar irradiance sensor with monocrystalline silicon cell (photovoltaic pyranometer)|
|REFERENCE STANDARDS||IEC 60904-2; 60904-4; 60904-10|
|Input range||Irradiance:||0 ÷ 1600 W/m2|
|Spectral range||0.36μm ÷ 1.14μm|
|Temperature||-30 ÷ +85°C (1)|
|Output signal (digital RS485 standard Modbus RTU)||Irradiance||0 ÷ 1600 W/m2 (not temperature compensated)|
|Output precision||Irradiance||±5% (2.5% @S.T.C. (25°C))|
|Temperature||± 1.0 °C|
|Response time||< 100 milliseconds|
|Sensor type||Digital solarimeter|
|Supply||External||12 ÷ 30V DC|
|Encapsulation||Glass + E.V.A. + Polyester|
|Cable||2.5 m or 60cm with M8 4 pin connector|
|Connectors||4+1 GND loose pins (or M8 4 pin)|
|Dimensions||98x55x25 mm without fixing bracket|
|IP code||IP 65|
USB/RS485 interface cable
USB/MICRO-USB smartphone adapter
Sm configuration for Android smartphone and tabletSMCONFIG allows you to configure Litemeter in the field from your Android smartphone. It is no longer necessary to bring irradiance sensor back to the laboratory for configuration. The software allows you to:
- configure Litemeter.
- make a diagnosis of the basic functions.
- log irradiance, temperature and wind (Sunmeter Wind only) readings.
- User manual
- SMconfig: How to configure Litemeter with an RS485
- SMscanWin: How to view and register Litemeter data on your PC
- SMconfigSmart: How to configure Litemeter from your Smartphone or Tablet
- Diagram – SUNMETER to LM5-485 cable
- Best practice installation guide for LiteMeter Modbus Pro