PYR2-485 – Class C Thermopile Pyranometer
Last updatePYR2-485 is an ISO 9060:2018 Class C (Second Class) Thermopile Pyranometer ideal for scientific and meteorological use. It comes with RS485 Modbus output line suitable for distances up to 500m. It has a simpler construction than the Class B, but uses the same high quality materials.
PYR2-485 – designed for accuracy and reliabilityThe PYR2-485 is equipped with the electronics board with a microcontroller to manage sampling, average of sampling, temperature reading and RS485 transmissions. This helps to guarantee noise immunity and constant behavior over intervals of time and temperature variations. The output signal is in Modbus RTU over RS485. The carefully selected components have a constant behavior over time and for a wide temperature range. The distances covered by the signals exceed 500 meters.
Note: the terms irradiance sensor, photovoltaic pyranometer, reference cell and solarimeter are interchangeable. On this site we will use photovoltaic pyranometer. To learn more click here.This instrument is suitable for measuring solar power and monitoring the efficiency of photovoltaic systems when a precision of 5% – 10% is sufficient.
- Thermopile sensor (300 ÷ 2900 nm)
- Single dome in hemispherical optical type glass with high transparency
- Anodized aluminum body ideal for outdoor use
- Output on RS485 Modbus line, f.s. 1600W/ m2 (± 2W) for distances up to 500m
- 50m current loop cable
- High weather resistance
- ISO 9060 compliant
- Accurate calibrations with a Secondary Standard (Class A Thermopile Pyranometer) rechecked every 12 months.
- 2 year warranty
- Cable lengths: 3, 5, 10, 20 m
- Bracket for Plane of Array installation
- Bracket for pole installation
- Albedo mounting kit (on request)
|PRODUCT||PYR2-485 – Class C Thermopile Pyranometer|
|REFERENCE STANDARDS||ISO 9060:1990, ISO 9060:2018|
|OUTPUT||Modbus RTU on RS485|
|Calibration||ISO9847 compliant||With a Secondary Standard (Class A) Pyranometer, certified calibration|
|Spectral sensitivity||300 ÷ 2900 nm|
|Input range||0 ÷ 1600 W/m2|
|Response time||< 25 seconds|
|Resolution||Smallest detectable change||± 8W/m2|
|Working temperature||-40 ÷ +80°C|
|Field of view||180°|
|Stability (over 1 year)||< ± 2%|
|Output||Modbus||Adrs.257 Irradiance; Adrs. 34817 Pyr Temp|
|Supply||9÷30 Vdc protected against short circuit|
|Encapsulation||Quartz [k5] dome||0.3μm ÷ 3μm|
|Connector||standard female M8 4 pin|
|Dimensions||Φ 162 x h 104 mm|
USB/RS485 interface cable
USB/MICRO-USB smartphone adapter
Sm configuration for Android smartphone and tabletSMCONFIG allows you to configure PYR2-485 in the field from your Android smartphone. It is no longer necessary to bring thermopile pyranometer back to the laboratory for configuration. The software allows you to:
- configure Thermopile Pyranometer.
- make a diagnosis of the basic functions.
- log irradiance, temperature and wind (Sunmeter Wind only) readings.