Sunmeter Pro Sunspec – Photovoltaic Pyranometer
The SUNMETER PRO SUNSPEC is based on Sunmeter PRO, a digital photovoltaic pyranometer for calculating photovoltaic performance with high degree of precision and reliability. This SUNMETER also has a SUNSPEC prescribed Modbus mapping.
Like the Sunmeter PRO, the PRO SUNSPEC has a glass laminated cell that increases the durability and stability of measurements over time; the microprismatic glass is the same glass used in photovoltaic modules. This pyranometer, thanks to a precise production process, has a performance decline of less than 1.5% per year.
Sunmeter PRO SUNSPEC is equipped with an FW capable of managing the SUNSPEC mapping present in many recent generation inverters.
Swiss-Swedish multinational, ABB, has chosen Sunmeter PRO SUNSPEC as an ABB approved product. The ordering code via ABB is: YCU.00198, (SM1-485 PRO) while for the version in kit with the module temperature sensor it is: YCU.00200 (SM1-485 PRO kit).
Below is a list of compatible ABB inverters.
|PVS50/60-TL||50 e 60 kW||Plug&Play|
|PVS 100/120-TL||100 e 120 kW||Plug&Play|
|PVS 175-TL||175 kW||Plug&Play|
|UNO DM xxx||Various||Via datalogger VSN700 03/05|
|TRIO nnn||Various||Via datalogger VSN700 03/05|
|REACT1 and REACT2||Various||Via datalogger VSN700 03/05|
Note: the terms solarimeter, irradiance sensor, pyranometer and calibrated cell are interchangeable. On this site we will use irradiance sensor. To learn more click here.
- Microprismatic front glass for photovoltaic modules
- Monocrystalline silicon cell
- Inbuilt TZOS® technology for measurement
- ICE 60904-2 compliant, RS485 standard Modbus RTU for reliable signals up to 500m from the datalogger
- Uses temperature compensation for more accurate reading.
- Performance decline of less than 1.5% per year.
- Separation between sensors and electronic board
- Higher weather resistance.
- IEC EN 61215 par.10,11,12 compliant (product aging).
- Fixing brackets for easy installation.
- Accurate calibration with primary calibrated regularly at Accredited Institute IEC 60904-4
- High calibration of temperature data for an error less than 1%
- FREE 12 month recalibration service included.
The technological improvements aim to extend the product useful lifespan to at least 7-8 years.
|NAME||Sunmeter PRO SUNSPEC
|REFERENCE STANDARD||IEC 60904-2; 60904-4; 60904-10, EN 61215|
|OUTPUT||Digital Modbus SUNSPEC MAP|
|Calibration||Made through a double adjustment for comparison with a reference silicon cell calibrated by the Fraunhofer ISE Institute in Germany|
|Inpout range||Irradiance:||0 – 1250 W/m2|
|Spectral range||0,3 μm – 1,1 μm|
|Temperature||-30/+85 °C (with external PT100)|
|Output||Voltage(1)||0 – 10 V, 0 – 5 V
(optional kit for 0 – 40 mV)
|Current(1)||0-20 mA, 4-20 mA|
|Digital||RS485 standard Modbus RTU|
|Output precision||Irradiance||± 2.1%|
|Supply||9 – 30 Vdc protected against reverse polarity and short circuiting|
|Encapsulation||Laminated with glass for photovoltaic modules, E.V.A. UV resistant (see IEC 60904-2)|
|Casing||Aluminum with screw-clamp for mounting|
|Wire||50cm with UV-resistent casing|
|Connectors||Male M12 8 IP67; Female M8 3 pin IP67|
|Dimensions||114x70x22mm without the fixing clamp|
(1) Output: Digital RS485 always present with six cables n # 4 and n # 5. Cable # 6 can be configured for both current and voltage output
(2) Recalibration service is included in the price, recommended after the first 12-18 months
USB/RS485 interface cable
USB/MICRO-USB smartphone adapter
Sm configuration for Android smartphone and tablet
SMCONFIG allows you to configure Sunmeter in the field from your Android smartphone. It is no longer necessary to bring the Sunmeter back to the laboratory for configuration.
The software allows you to:
- configure Sunmeter.
- make a diagnosis of the basic functions.
- log irradiance, temperature and wind (Sunmeter Wind only) readings.
The software is available for free on this page in the downloads area. In the Download area you can also find a wiring diagram for building the cable between the Tablet and Sunmeter and a 9V battery.
In addition to the software it is necessary to have a USB / RS485 converter, an adapter cable between microUSB and USB and a female connector for Sunmeter.
Alternatively, you can purchase a cable from Soluzione Solare, eliminating the need for a 9V battery as it takes and transforms the voltage present on the USB.