Sunmeter Pro Certified – Calibrated by Fraunhofer Institute
Sunmeter PRO Certified is a digital photovoltaic pyranometer (or silicon irradiance sensor) calibrated by Fraunhofer ISE(DAKKS accred.)A digital photovoltaic pyranometer (or solar irradiance sensor) for calculating photovoltaic plant performance with a high degree of precision and reliability. This digital photovoltaic pyranometer consist of a monocrystalline silicon cell which is laminated with a glass usually used for photovoltaic modules and E.V.A. Our Irradiance sensor has an additional stabilization processes and tests to minimize the measurement drift over time. This irradiance sensor is calibrated by Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems(DAKKS accred.) The cost of pyranometer sensor includes a re-calibration service after one year as well as an immediate replacement of the solar radiation sensor if tolerance level exceeds 3.5%. The Sunmeter PRO Certified is easy to install and use.
Generally, the spectral response of a PV cell is limited at certain wavelengths by the ability of the semiconductor to absorb photons with energies within the band gap 350nm to 1150nm. For comparison, a Class A thermopile pyranometer measures the wavelength ranging from 300nm to 3000nm which creates unnecessary noise and uncertainties in the measurements. On the other hand, our photovoltaic pyranometer sensor provides more appropriate measurements for the calculation of PR (Performance Ratio) as it measures the portion of wavelength in Solar irradiance or Sun radiation ranging from 350nm to 1150nm which the range of interest of PV systems. The measurement values of a thermopile pyranometer and a photovoltaic pyranometer differs by a value 3-7% due to various reasons like IR, UV and other day to day conditions. The photovoltaic cell used in this sensor has been calibrated by Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems (DAKKS accred.)
Note: the terms irradiance sensor, photovoltaic pyranometer, reference cell and solarimeter are interchangeable. On this site we will use photovoltaic pyranometer. To learn more click here.
- Calibration performed by Fraunhofer was done under standard test conditions (STC) in accordance with IEC 60904-1 with a pulsed solar simulator class A+A+A+
- Consist of Monocrystalline silicon cell
- Inbuilt TZOS® technology for measurement
- IEC 60904-2 compliant, RS485 standard Modbus RTU for reliable signals up to 500m from the data-logger
- IEC EN 61724-1 compliant (standard for PV Monitoring Systems)
- Uses temperature compensation for more accurate reading.
- Performance decline of less than 1.5% per year.
- Digital output, compatible with most of data-loggers.
- Higher weather resistance.
- IEC EN 61215 par.10,11,12 compliant (product aging).
- Mounting brackets for easy installation.
- High calibration of temperature data for an error less than 1%
- FREE 12 month recalibration service included.
|NAME||SunMeter PRO Certified|
|PRODUCT||solar irradiance sensor with monocrystalline silicon cell (photovoltaic pyranometer)|
|REFERENCE STANDARDS||IEC 60904-1;IEC 60904-2; 60904-4; 60904-10; IEC EN 61215, EN 61215|
|Calibration||This sensor is calibrated by Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems (DAKKS accred.)|
|Input range||Irradiance:||0 ÷ 1500 W/m2 (IEC EN 61724-1 compliant)|
|Spectral range||0.3 μm ÷ 1.1 μm|
|Temperature||-30 ÷ +90 °C|
|Output||Voltage(1)||0 ÷ 10 V, 0 ÷ 5 V (optional kit for 0 ÷ 40 mV)|
|Current(1)||0÷ 20 mA, 4÷ 20 mA|
|Digital||RS485 standard Modbus RTU|
|Output precision||Irradiance||≤± 1.9%|
|Supply||9 ÷ 30 Vdc protected from reverse polarity and short circuiting|
|Encapsulation||Laminated with glass for photovoltaic modules, E.V.A. UV resistant (see IEC 60904-2)|
|Casing||Aluminum with screw-clamp for mounting|
|Wire||50cm UV-resistant casing.|
|Connectors||Standard M12 8 pin male IP67|
|Dimensions||114x70x22mm without the fixing clamp|
- Digital RS485 is always present on wire n#4 and n#5
USB/RS485 interface cable
USB/MICRO-USB smartphone adapter
Sm configuration for Android smartphone and tabletSMCONFIG allows you to configure Sunmeter in the field from your Android smartphone. It is no longer necessary to bring the Sunmeter back to the laboratory for configuration. The software allows you to:
- configure Sunmeter.
- make a diagnosis of the basic functions.
- log irradiance, temperature and wind (Sunmeter Wind only) readings.
|Producer||Datalogger / Inverter model|
|Huawei||SmartLogger 1000/2000/3000 (Table 8.2 of Huawei SmartLogger3000 User Manual)|
|Encombi||ECpv – ECcube|
|Cod.||Irradiance sensor||Calculated value||Output||Associated sensors|
||Sunmeter Pro Certified||
||Sunmeter Pro (and SM Pro Counter, SM Pro Sunspec)||
||Sunmeter Pro Counter||
||Sunmeter Pro Wind||
||Sunmeter Pro Wind||