Sunmeter Pro – Accurate, Reliable Photovoltaic Pyranometer
Last updateSunmeter PRO is a digital photovoltaic pyranometer (irradiance sensor) for calculating photovoltaic plant performance with a high degree of precision and reliability. Its monocrystalline silicon cell is laminated with glass for photovoltaic modules and E.V.A. like a micro PV module. It has additional stabilization processes and tests to minimize measurement drift over time. The cost includes a recalibration service after one year as well as the immediate replacement if the photovoltaic pyranometer if tolerance exceeds 3.5%. The Sunmeter PRO is easy to install and use. Compared to the Class A thermopile pyranometer, it provides a more adequate measure for the calculation of the P.R. Every Sunmeter PRO has been calibrated by a stabilized reference cell at the Dakks accredited ISFH. The Sunmeter Pro pyranometer is available in two models:
- the “complete model” which provides for Analog and Digital output.
- the digital output only model.
Note: the terms irradiance sensor, photovoltaic pyranometer, reference cell and solarimeter are interchangeable. On this site we will use photovoltaic pyranometer. To learn more click here.
- Monocrystalline silicon cell
- Inbuilt TZOS® technology for measurement
- IEC 60904-2 compliant, RS485 standard Modbus RTU for reliable signals up to 500m from the data-logger
- IEC EN 61724-1:2017 compliant (standard for PV Monitoring Systems)
- Uses temperature compensation for more accurate reading.
- Performance decline of less than 1.5% per year.
- Analog and digital output, compatible with most of data-loggers.
- Higher weather resistance.
- IEC EN 61215 par.10,11,12 compliant (product aging).
- Mounting brackets for easy installation.
- High calibration of temperature data for an error less than 1%
- FREE 12 month recalibration service included.
|REFERENCE STANDARDS||IEC 60904-2; 60904-4; 60904-10; IEC EN 61215, EN 61215|
|OUTPUT||Digital and Analog (on request)|
|Calibration||Made through a double adjustment for comparison with a reference silicon cell calibrated by the Dakks accredited ISFH Institute.|
|Input range||Irradiance:||0 ÷ 1500 W/m2 (IEC EN 61724-1:2017 compliant)|
|Spectral range||0.3 μm ÷ 1.1 μm|
|Temperature||-30 ÷ +90 °C|
|Output||Voltage(1)||0 ÷ 10 V, 0 ÷ 5 V (optional kit for 0 ÷ 40 mV)|
|Current(1)||0÷ 20 mA, 4÷ 20 mA|
|Digital||RS485 standard Modbus RTU|
|Output precision||Irradiance||≤± 2%|
|Supply||9 ÷ 30 Vdc protected from reverse polarity and short circuiting|
|Encapsulation||Laminated with glass for photovoltaic modules, E.V.A. UV resistant (see IEC 60904-2)|
|Casing||Aluminum with screw-clamp for mounting|
|Wire||50cm UV-resistant casing.|
|Connectors||Standard M12 8 pin male IP67 code|
|Dimensions||114x70x22mm without the fixing clamp|
(2): Digital RS485 is always present on wire n#4 and n#5
USB/RS485 interface cable
USB/MICRO-USB smartphone adapter
Sm configuration for Android smartphone and tabletSMCONFIG allows you to configure Sunmeter in the field from your Android smartphone. It is no longer necessary to bring the Sunmeter back to the laboratory for configuration. The software allows you to:
- configure Sunmeter.
- make a diagnosis of the basic functions.
- log irradiance, temperature and wind (Sunmeter Wind only) readings.