Sunmeter Pro – Accurate, Reliable Photovoltaic Pyranometer
Last updateSunmeter PRO is a digital photovoltaic pyranometer (solarimeter) for calculating photovoltaic plant performance with high degree of precision and reliability. Many people prefer it to a Class A thermopile pyranometer. Its monocrystalline silicon cell is laminated with glass for photovoltaic modules and E.V.A. like a micro PV module. It has received additional stabilization processes and tests in order to provide constant output. The cost includes a recalibration service after one year as well as the immediate replacement if the solarimeter tolerance exceeds 3.5%. The Sunmeter PRO is a high quality product, easy to install and use. Every Sunmeter PRO has been calibrated by a stabilized silicon reference cell calibrated by the Fraunhofer Institute (DE).
Note: the terms solarimeter, irradiance sensor, pyranometer and calibrated cell are interchangeable. On this site we will use irradiance sensor. To learn more click here.
- Monocrystalline silicon cell
- Inbuilt TZOS® technology for measurement
- ICE 60904-2 compliant, RS485 standard Modbus RTU for reliable signals up to 500m from the datalogger
- Uses temperature compensation for more accurate reading.
- Performance decline of less than 1.5% per year.
- Gives both analog and digital output, compatible with most of data-loggers.
- Higher weather resistance.
- IEC EN 61215 par.10,11,12 compliant (product aging).
- Fixing brackets for easy installation.
- High calibration of temperature data for an error less than 1%
- FREE 12 month recalibration service included.
- Directly replaces your Sunmeter without any modification to the monitoring system
|REFERENCE STANDARDS||IEC 60904-2; 60904-4; 60904-10; IEC EN 61215, EN 61215|
|OUTPUT||Analog or digital|
|Calibration||Made through a double adjustment for comparison with a reference silicon cell calibrated by the Fraunhofer ISE Institute in Germany.|
|Input range||Irradiance:||0 ÷ 1250 W/m2|
|Spectral range||0,3 μm ÷ 1,1 μm|
|Temperature||-30 ÷ +85 °C|
|Output||Voltage(1)||0 ÷ 10 V, 0 ÷ 5 V (optional kit for 0 ÷ 40 mV)|
|Current(1)||0÷ 20 mA, 4÷ 20 mA|
|Digital||RS485 standard Modbus RTU|
|Output precision||Irradiance||<± 2.1%|
|Supply||9 ÷ 30 Vdc protected from reverse polarity and short circuiting|
|Encapsulation||Laminated with glass for photovoltaic modules, E.V.A. UV resistant (see IEC 60904-2)|
|Casing||Aluminum with screw-clamp for mounting|
|Wire||50cm UV-resistent casing.|
|Connectors||Standard M12 8 pin male IP67 degree|
|Dimensions||114x70x22mm without the fixing clamp|
USB/RS485 interface cable
USB/MICRO-USB smartphone adapter
Sm configuration for Android smartphone and tabletSMCONFIG allows you to configure Sunmeter in the field from your Android smartphone. It is no longer necessary to bring the Sunmeter back to the laboratory for configuration. The software allows you to:
- configure Sunmeter.
- make a diagnosis of the basic functions.
- log irradiance, temperature and wind (Sunmeter Wind only) readings.